Thursday, September 2, 2010

crit.

               We did critiques of everyones dot designs to choose the design that best captured the essence of proximity, closure, continuance, and similarity. We went through and separated the designs into the groups that we thought they belonged in. Then we had a discusion about each one and voted which two we liked best in each group. after going through everyones designs we then went back through and chose which one out of the two we liked for each group. We were to point out any patterns in eachothers work. My patterns included an abundance of little dots (in my own opinion they are more aesthetically pleasing), I had a lot of negative space, and most of my designs were focused around the edges. A couple people in my group agreed that I had many organic designs while others said they saw geometric designs. Others said that the could see a lot of straight lines in my designs. Also they said i had many perpendiculars. One of my final designs was described as a meteor, another a motorcyclist, and another a "really cool graphic design". My design for continuancy looks like a meteor trail that has been scattered consisting of many different sized dots. For closure my design has four different sized dots. For similarity there are only two sized dots very large and very small. For proximity there are three different sizes used. For the most part i agreed with the designs that my group chose for me. the end

No comments:

Post a Comment