Monday, October 4, 2010

video projects 1, 2, and 3

We each made videos, the first a monolouge, the second an uncomfortable video, and the third was a live performance.

For my monolouge I sat in a little patch of clovers and did an "I love" video. to start off with I was just going to list a bunch of stuff I love but then Hunter told me to put him in my video so I decided to make my whole video about how much I love hunter (phht). I had little flash cards with pictures on that I would compare to how much I love hunter. I also had a Heart cutout that said I Love (and then stuck on last minute with a picture of a stick guy) Hunter. As I was making my video there was a man mowing the baseball field and the mower was red that just happened to match my shirt.

For my uncomfortable video I had a little bit of trouble thinking of something. While most people tried to make the crowd mentally and emotionally uncomfortable, I decided to go for the physically uncomfortable. I remebered learning that if you were to touch your face the entire time you talked to someone that they would too eventually start touching their face. So I moved the frame in very close to my face and touched my face and scratched my face for 60 seconds. My hypothosis proved true when we watched the videos because 6 people in the crowd touched their face region.

For my live performance I decided to go for more of a deep performance. I found a song from the right kind of genre for my contemporary peice and created a story with my dancing of a girl who starts out alone then meets a guy and falls in love then one day she gets mad and strikes him and he strikes her down and she lays crumpled on the ground. The word I used to insipre this peice was BROKEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment